Book now to join our Val d'Isère ‘Warm Up Weekend’, which will take place from Friday 01 December to Tuesday 05 December 2023.
December 2023 will see the 23rd edition of this popular event, run in a format that works for all levels and abilities of skier.
The ‘Warm Up Weekend’ is led by Ski Weekend founder Gavin Foster and a hand-picked selection of mountain guides and ski instructors.
It acts as a traditional ‘first tracks’ event which has remained an exciting start to each season since its inception in 1999.
How did the ‘Warm Up Weekend’ start?
Ski Weekend started in 1987 and in the very early days we used to take our staff initially to Tignes and then to Val d'Isère for 2-3 days of pre-season staff training.
This included not only skiing, but also snow safety, avalanche training and driving on snow (practising in the coach car parks).
In the late Nineties, Jean Claude Faudot – previously in charge of the Val d'Isère ESF - joined us. It was with his input we developed the concept of the ‘Warm Up Weekend’.
What’s the format of the ‘Warm Up Weekend’?
The successful format of the Val d'Isère ‘Warm Up Weekend’ is now celebrating its 23rd year. Led by Gavin Foster and the Ski Weekend team of guides and instructors, the package breaks down as follows:
- Return group transfers from Geneva to Val d'Isère
- 4-nights’ B&B accommodation (choice of 2-star to 4-star hotels)
- 4-day Espace Killy Ski pass
- 2-day guiding/instruction included (supplement for additional 2 days if required)
- Logistics and itineraries arranged, including lunch locations, dinner reservations, après ski & video debrief
- Flights can be added using our ATOL licence *
- Ski Weekend’s ATOL and ABTOT memberships mean your holiday is fully protected
What are the options for guiding and instruction?
Guests have the choice of joining three groups for guiding and instruction:
- Piste Perfection - Skiing is mainly on piste, working on ski technique. Groups are led by Guillaume Ravanel.
- Tous Neige Tout Terrain - Ideal for anyone wanting their first taste of off piste skiing. You will learn how to master a variety of terrains and snow types to allow you to ski off-piste confidently. This will often include ski touring and/or hiking to find the best snow. These groups are led by local mountain guide, Nico Poncet.
- Belle Trace Off Piste - Skiing accessed by ski touring. This has previously been led by ex-French team member and Freeride World Cup skier Yann Quenet.
Why Val d'Isère?
Val d'Isère is one of the world’s best resorts for strong skiers. The extent of lift-served off-piste itineraries is enviable and for confident, mileage hungry intermediates, there is excellent piste skiing.
The Espace Killy has an excellent early season snow record and skiing there in early season is very rewarding.
There is also an excellent choice of properties to suit all budgets and top quality après-ski for those with the energy!
Why join the ‘Warm Up Weekend’?
This is the perfect event get your ski legs in shape for the season to come. Val d'Isère is a world-class location, and the trip includes top class coaching and instruction.
The weekend is a very sociable event, led by Gavin Foster, founder of Ski Weekend. Every evening Gavin organises a dinner venue for the group to eat together and often everyone also meets for lunch.
Dates, Accommodation Options and Prices
The 2023 Warm Up Weekend takes place from Friday 01 December to Tuesday 05 December 2023.
Ski Weekend offers a choice of hotels in Val d'Isère, from 2-star to 4-star options. Packages start at £1069 per person. There are single supplement options.
We can also book your flights using our ATOL licence on either easyJet (ex-LGW) or Swiss (ex-LHR) to Geneva.
The fare on our recommended flights with British Airways are currently less than £50 for Economy each way.
LHR-GVA 13:05 Fri 01 Dec
GVA-LHR 18:45 Tue 05 Dec
Low Refundable Deposit
We are already taking bookings and places are limited. To check availability and to discuss your options, please contact our team on 01392 878 353.
We look forward to welcoming you on the 2023 Warm Up Weekend!